Beiträge von Xienera0

Hi all, I'm an architect and relatively recently I've had the idea of checking out the less popular tourist destinations and architecture there. I am very interested in the country of Moldova and, as it often happens, tourists start off by visiting the capital. Having booked plane tickets and taken good airport moldova taxi transfers I arrived at my hotel. After a successful arrival, I decided to head straight away to see this little-known architectural marvel. I'm talking about the Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Face of the Lord, built in 1902. Just imagine how much this building has seen. The church has experienced a lot: closure, war, warehouse, planetarium, two major fires and finally, in 1992, it was reborn again as the Cathedral of the "Transfiguration of the Face of the Lord". Why is this building so unique? First, the quality of materials, the best stone of those times and the best iron, which was supplied by Demidovsky factories, and literally every step in the appearance of a small part of this church was strictly specified in the contract.

In this cathedral, more than anywhere else in the city, a large number of recognised miracle-working icons and relics of saints have been collected. The relics of healer Panteleimon and Matrona of Moscow, St. Luke and St. Philaret of Chernigov are present in the relics of this church. There are 38 relics brought from Kiev-Pechersk Lavra in the big unique reliquary. The church reverently collects old church books and shows them to visitors.