Beiträge von Weser

It is very dissapointing to see such mediocrity near the beautiful Zeughaus. Since these
    are not public buildings, it will be difficult to replace this mediocrity in the future with something more appropriate :boese:

Still, Augsburg is an impressive city.
    Markus
    I am interested to know, which streets-except the max-are today notable with decorated
    (rennaisance, baroque or rococo) Burgerhauser?

@Ursus and Markus
    I don't find the house on the corner Max-Wintergasse so bad. Maybe it is dissapointing that
    this house stands there, instead of a reconstruction of the original. But this house for itself
    is quite a reasonable example of the 50's or 60's tendency for modesty and simplicity.

Maybe my point of view is a result of my experience in my home town Tel-Aviv. Here, without
    "Bombenkrieg", quite many former nice corners in the old centre ("old" is here a relative concept: that is, from the 20's and 30's :idee: ) became much less appealing because of brutal modernizations.
    Such brutalities are one of my reasons to respect modest "traditional" houses like in the corner Max-Winterg. (maybe sometime I will photo some examples)

Thank you for the very detailed description.

Zitat von "Markus"

Maximilianstraße Ostseite

die ziemlich bekannte Abfolge der erhaltenen Giebelhäuser Am Judenberg 2 und Max 27 bis 33 zum vom Merkurbrunnen geschmückten Moritzplatz:

This row of houses remind me a Hansa city like Danzig. It is an impressive ensemble. It seems that
    in the reconstruction after 1944 some baroque later additions (?) were removed; I am not sure what is my opinion about this "purification".

I admit I am a bit confused because all of the recent information about Potsdam Mitte in this forum.
    Surely, part of the confusion is because my German is not excellent.
    Maybe someone can summarize for me (and for others, as well), what is the current situation with the 1. Library 2. Stadtschloss 3. Other plans of reconstruction in the Mitte.
    The summary may be in German!

Thanks...

Indeed, the Neumarkt today is not a perfect project (too many hotels).
    Despite that, 30 years from now the rebirth of this historical quarter
    will be a natural fact for Dresden and its citizens. Nobody will dwell on it, and to call it "Disneyland" will be strange like calling the reconstructed Danzig-Gdansk of today or the Marktplatz of Trier a "Disneyland". This is the unique property of most historical reconstructions: after some years, they become natural and "selbstverstandlich" like original (not reconstructed) historical sights. This could have been also the fate of the Neustadter Markt. If we shall have there banal architecture, it will be a big loss for the future of Dresden. Just try to imagin such a Florana project in the Marktplatz of Trier or in the Rathausplatz of Freiburg!! :augenkrummblau:

As I already mentioned, I sent an e-mail to the mayor and did not get an answer. From far away Tel-Aviv, I wonder what can I do more. In the e-mail I noted that the Neustadter Markt is not just a local matter, but a subject with implications on the meaning of a culture city like Dresden to the whole world.

The best would be if the local authorities would have declared
    the NM as a conservation area. Here by "conservation" I mean that any future (re)development should be done in accordance with the historical character and heritage of the place. As long as such decalaration is not made, we depend on the good will and good taste of the investors :(

The absurd is that even with respect to "capitalist" pure profit
    considerations, a development of the Neustadter Markt with respect
    to its baroque heritage is more logical than the current banal plans.
    If this area will regain its historical character (like the Neumarkt), than it will attract more visitors, tourists and will contribute to the general economical strength of the city. The profits from the current plans will go only to the hands of the investors, and will contribute
    nothing to the attractiveness and economical strength of Dresden.

Thank you for the photos, Palantir. I am in particular interested in this nice view:

Zitat von "Palantir"

Von der Inselbrücke zum Märkischen Ufer

I don't know this place. What is hidden behind this nice row of houses?

No doubt: the current (not so large) population size of Landshut is
    not proportional to the massive historical substance of the city. The impression of the two main streets (Altstadt and Neustadt) is quite
    "grosstadtisch".

The little square "Platzl" and the near area (the famous Hofbrauhaus
    stands in this square, but I did not take a photo of it):

Platzl 3 and Pfisterst. 11

Platzl 1, 1a, 2, 3

Platzl 2, 3

A nice fassade near the Platzl

Ledererst. 3 and 5

Altes Rathaus and the Heiliggeistkirche, as seen from the Viktualienmarkt:

Two views of St. Peter:

Asam Kirche (Sendlinger St. 32), Priesterhaus (30) and Asamhof (24):

Further views:

Damenstiftstrasse

Ledererstrasse (this row of houses looks more successful in reality)

Zeno, thanks for your information on the exact house numbers.

Thank you, Zeno!

Altstadt 29-33, 52-54

A little alley (Fleischbankgasse)

Two further views of St. Martin:

Landshut is indeed an impressive city, and the photos above give only a partial picture of the whole ensemble.

Well, after some technical difficulties, I hope that now it will work properly.
    It was quite a warm and sunny day in Landshut!

Nice housefronts in the Altstadt street:

Altstadt 31-33

Altstadt 338-336

Altstadt 80-83 (81 is the Pappenbergerhaus)

From a side street (Landgasse 49, 49a, 50). No. 50 is the Palais
    Etzdorf

Altstadt 197-195

St. Martin:

Views of the castle (Burg Trausnitz):

the houses are Altstadt 193-191

from the Landgasse

I think that the most important in this stage is serious involvement
    and protest from the people in Dresden. After all, the decision making
    bodies are in Dresden and maybe they will think again if they realize
    that such a plan is very unpopular in their city.

Maybe a letter signed by many members of this forum can be effective, as well?